Saturday, September 3, 2011

Who do you aspire to be?

Well this is that age-old, cliche question, that everyone is asked at a young age.
"Who do you want to be when you grow up?" To me - this question was always quickly answered by my dad. Well not literally, but through his influence. He always told me (and still does) that I should aspire to be a Business man of some sorts. For my sister, it's "She's going to be a doctor or a vet."
I personally do not have any problem with my parental figures trying to influence my future-self. I think it's nice, and at the least, thoughtful, since in the end, they want us to be "better" people than they ever were. Well before I spiral into my conception of the phrase "better person", I think I'll get back to my main point.
I never thought that I would ever be able to come to such an easy, or concrete conclusion, but I think that I have stumbled upon my own desire of self-accomplishment.
This desire is based on my own observations of my role models throughout society, as well my own interests.
While I may be able to discuss this desire, I know that it shall remain open-ended, and constantly evolving according to my life's encounters and experiences.
So in a nutshell, I simply desire to be a person who is able to blend his every interests into one.
Now as I write this, I less than two weeks away from starting college - a journey which I am both eager, and naturally hesitant to begin. I know that it is going to be tough, but at the same time I know that it will offer many rewards.
Be they educationally credentialing, or just momentarily pleasing - I am ready.
So time to [willingly] start over again, for another four years of societal tradition.
And for letting this new chapter begin, I thank my parents, most importantly, and my many family and friends who encouraged and inspired me up to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment